Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What are we doing now?
flushedpancake

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-4-2024 at 03:50 AM
What are we doing now?

As in, what projects, things in life, or whatnot are we all focusing on now, almost 25 years into XMB's existence? I imagine many of you these days have got families to cater to and provide for (who treat you back equally with love and respect), and jobs that while seemingly mundane and monotonous are just a part of life at this stage.

Maybe you took up some IRL hobbies, or maybe you're still doing the same things you did when you were a teenager. Who knows.

It seems like a surprising amount of people still lurk around, so I thought I'd make this thread to check up on what people are doing with their lives both IRL and online. Always good to know what's going on and making sure everyone is okay. :)

[insert witty quote here]
lottos
Administrator

Mood: pass me a TimTam

[*] posted on 4-5-2024 at 01:08 AM

Nice of you to ask and to drop by and still contribute!

For me, just the usual life stuff while watching the world and the lessons never learned.

Quote: Originally posted by flushedpancake  
As in, what projects, things in life, or whatnot are we all focusing on now, almost 25 years into XMB's existence? I imagine many of you these days have got families to cater to and provide for (who treat you back equally with love and respect), and jobs that while seemingly mundane and monotonous are just a part of life at this stage.

Maybe you took up some IRL hobbies, or maybe you're still doing the same things you did when you were a teenager. Who knows.

It seems like a surprising amount of people still lurk around, so I thought I'd make this thread to check up on what people are doing with their lives both IRL and online. Always good to know what's going on and making sure everyone is okay. :)
flushedpancake

[*] posted on 4-6-2024 at 04:28 AM

Thanks, I still remember when everyone got together for the community made patch, that was amazing.

And yeah, it feels like these days, the world has been unlearning what it once knew... lots of things have delved into a sort of black/white thinking showdown that somewhat reminds me of this:

... the embed didn't work? hmm...

lottos
Administrator

Mood: pass me a TimTam

[*] posted on 4-8-2024 at 03:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by flushedpancake  
... the embed didn't work? hmm...

Think it works with the video id

flushedpancake

[*] posted on 4-13-2024 at 11:44 AM

Glad to have officially been part of the process for this release, if only as a bug hunter kind of person.

I'll pop my nose in every once in a while from here on, thank you for persevering with my sometimes overdemanding and idiotic behaviour in the bug tracker @miqrogroove and @lottos :)

miqrogroove
XMB 1.9.12 Lead Developer

Mood: Past Three O'Clock

[*] posted on 4-13-2024 at 02:28 PM

Thank you for the reports. I just maintain this one forum now so didn't see the installer was broken by PHP 8.1 until you sent the error logs. That made it easy to troubleshoot.
miqrogroove
XMB 1.9.12 Lead Developer

Mood: Past Three O'Clock

[*] posted on 4-20-2024 at 11:25 PM

YouTube URLs are now supported in addition to video ID values. There were 2 revisions to the regex and seems to work now. Please test as you like. Just try to keep the swear words to a minimum please.
Xian

Mood: w00h00!

[*] posted on 5-1-2024 at 10:14 PM

Glad to see this still being maintained.
flushedpancake

[*] posted on 5-2-2024 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Xian  
Glad to see this still being maintained.

Hi Xian, been years since we last saw each other! Glad to see you're still around! :)

I remember you from the '1.9.12 BETA' back in September of 2017, I was the person who brought up avatars not accepting HTTPS, iirc.

flushedpancake

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:46 AM
blorg

@lottos
I can't give you a timtam
but...
I can give you a penguin if you like
:P

penguin.png - 44kB

you're pretty chill honestly ^_^
I'm surprised you don't have maintainer access on the svn/bug tracker... unless you do and I'm missing something?

I've noticed you're not an admin on there at least and it just says "reporter" I think - despite the sourceforge page stating you have some permissions over the xmb sourceforge group

either way, still popping in here.

@miqrogroove
I was reading through old threads and I can 100% vouch for Twig as a reasonable templating system, even without using an external framework like Symfony, having messed around with it in the past.

Given the excess use of eval() (more like evil()) all over the code for templating (though to give credit where it's due, XMB was I believe one of the first PHP forum software to use any form of a templating system in the way it does?) the very first target of any potential "XMB2" rewrite would be to at least use Twig and make the table layouts actually work on mobile in a reasonable manner.

I was going to attempt to at least give all the table crapo CSS classes and then I got bored and slacked off so.

Go To Top