Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: xmb future
Phil1ooo

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 01:52 AM
xmb future

Hi

I have read all the comments relating to the issues about what happened but they are old now so this an update request as to how or where xmb is heading.

I've used xmb for a few years now and I like it so for future sack I am asking these Questions. (If you don't mind)

1 - Is xmb staying the way it is or is there going to be a new upgrades.
2 - Are you counting on expanding xmb to what it was or are you just dealing with those who already have it installed.
3 - Are you creating a completely new version which will make this one obsolete.
4- Are those who where developing themes and mods still active or these things have to be started from scratch again.
5 - Do I need to look for a new forum provider or can I count on xmb to still be around for a long time.

I just want to know where I'm heading with my forums and whether I can continue with them or if I need to start looking for a forum and start all over again.

Cheers

lottos
Administrator

Mood: pass me a TimTam

[*] posted on 5-4-2013 at 06:53 AM

With no active developers, it's not a rosy future. Having said that, xmb does what it needs to and there are many ways to customise and add specific needs.

Mr B

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 03:12 PM

While I understand, it is indeed sad. I have used xmb for over 10 years. XMB was a major reason for my success as a forum. Our site registered over 5500 (good) members and was a stable force dealing with the over 10 million hits it received each month for the past 5 years. It has remained a stable platform for me to put forth to my users day in and day out. I hate to see it subdued and put to rest. I was so in hopes it would be one of the first with a mobile platform to support it's great server model.

Anyway............ I guess I'll just hang in with it for now as it is and hope for a better future for it than it seems to have. My thanks to everyone who had a hand in this great platform. I salute you all.

dave
missouriwhitetails.com
Phil1ooo

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 09:34 PM

I second that.

Adalberto

[*] posted on 5-22-2013 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lottos  
With no active developers, it's not a rosy future.
I'm no busy, but I know PHP language very poor :rolleyes:

Quote: Originally posted by lottos  
Having said that, xmb does what it needs to and there are many ways to customise and add specific needs.
Yes.. XMB hack is very well for me.. Just one or two functions missing in this forum :)

Go To Top