XMB Forum Software
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Resolved] Trying to upgrade. Need xmb 1.8 first. Help?
Joana

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 11:02 AM
[Resolved] Trying to upgrade. Need xmb 1.8 first. Help?

Full Board URL: http://jennifersaundersonline.net/forum/index.php
XMB Version: 1.3.2.48

Hi guys,
I'm trying to upload a ridiculously outdated version of my XMB forum. I know I'm supposed to upgrade to 1.8 first and then to the latest version, but I can't find a download for 1.8?
Also, if you guys could help me out with a step by step guide how to upgrade, that would be brilliant. We've had this forum since January 2007 and it would be a shame if we lost our discussions.
Thanks so much!

lottos
Administrator

Mood: pass me a TimTam

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 11:23 AM

Hi

after reading a similar request:
http://forums.xmbforum2.com/viewthread.php?tid=776770

you might like to send a u2u to Mouser who may have a copy of 1.8 and appears to have upgraded the forum mentioned in the topic linked above.

Joana

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 10:30 PM

Thanks I will.
lottos
Administrator

Mood: pass me a TimTam

[*] posted on 5-10-2013 at 08:49 AM

Here is a copy of xmb 1.8

Attachment: XMB 1.8 Partagium.zip (1.1MB)
This file has been downloaded 32 times

Joana

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 03:13 PM

Thank you so much!

EDIT:
It all went fine and dandy, only had to adjust the header stuff, slightly. The only problem is in the links row ( Search, FAQ, Member List, Today's Posts, Stats) all the icons have disappeared.

What do I do?
Phil1ooo

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 09:31 PM

Hi

Check your themes folder to see if they are there, if not put them in there, or check the path to your themes image folder.

Also if those 2 are correct and your images are there it can sometimes depending on your FTP settings which I presume you may have used, the images don't also pass through correctly using ASIC then re-upload them using Binary, (personally I use Auto) which covers both.

These are the 3 first things to check

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Joana

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 10:24 PM

Yeah I got there eventually. It's all fixed, layout wise, but now there's another problem.

A member (so far only 1 has complained) can't log in. I can see her account, edit her profile, but when it comes to search for her posts or her logging in, it gives out an error message. Is there any way I can fix this?

EDIT:
seems like this is something happening to all members with only 2 letters as their username.
Phil1ooo

[*] posted on 5-16-2013 at 11:00 PM

NOTE; I just tried registering on mine forum with 2 letters and it came back as an error but it did work with 3 letters, I'd say since you upgraded your forum the new version refuses 2 letter usernames.

Options, either ask her to register a new account as you can't change the username from the admin panel OR go into your database and add a letter to her username and let her know what her new username is so she can log in.

In c-Panel go to phpmyAdmin>>forum prefix>>prefix_members . Do not change the password through there as it will not work, use the admin panel to do that.

If you want to test her account to see if it works before letting her know, change her password, test the login and then email her the new username and password reminding her to change her password once she logs in.

Hope this helps.

NOTE; You try registering with a 2 letter username and see if it works for you, this should answer your question as well.

Cheers

Mouser
XMB Contributor

Mood: Christmasy. Yes, in September.

[*] posted on 8-1-2013 at 07:22 PM

A username needs to be 3 characters or longer.

By the looks of things, you are upgraded. So I'll update the topic status accordingly.

Go To Top