XMB Forum Software

September Project

miqrogroove - 9-1-2020 at 07:38 PM

Greetings XMB Community,

I've started working on version 1.9.12 to resolve concerns about the old password and session logic.

I'm also going to integrate our anti-spam modifications as much as possible into this version.

PHP 7.0+ will be required.

IIS versions less than 5.1 won't be supported anymore.

The full XMB upgrade will be required for changes to the database tables, templates, and English translations.

Upgrading has improved again with new inline frames and auto-refresh features to help display the progress of changes in big databases. No more finger crossing or white screens of death expected.

We are going to need beta testers by October to help find the bugs.

lottos - 9-2-2020 at 12:00 PM

Let me know when I can help!

Removing The Per-Forum HTML Option

miqrogroove - 9-3-2020 at 11:53 PM

In keeping with the security focus of the 1.9.12 project, I will be permanently removing the HTML on/off feature that allows members to post unrestricted content. This level of access, if enabled, allows posts to contain virus-like code that can manipulate the whole website and control panel.

XMB offers other HTML customization features in the Templates panel and by adding or modifying PHP files. These features are restricted to site owners and enable more control over content.

anendeth - 9-15-2020 at 01:59 AM

Willing to Beta, as well as any translations that I can do that are needed ^^

miqrogroove - 9-17-2020 at 04:01 PM

Thank you. I just finished most of the alpha work this morning. I need to spot check some things and go over the open tickets one more time.

Expect a first beta tonight or tomorrow.